River Quiver was a temporary environmental art installation for the Turning The Pages project in the Upper Hunter Valley town of Murrurundi.
The participatory project engaged 180 students from 5 local schools in science and art workshops to create the 170m long wind-activated installation. The installation on the banks of the river worked with sculptural balance to reflect upon environmental balance and biodiversity.
- Pages River, Murrurundi, NSW
- Recycled materials and giant bamboo reeds from site
- 120 metres long
- NSW Government City and Country Environment Restoration Program through the Hunter & Central Coast Regional Environmental Management Strategy
- 2008 Local Government Cultural Awards, Programs, Projects and Partnership Award
- Concept and co-ordination: Jennifer Turpin and Claire Morgan, with artists Lara O’Reilly, Jade Oakley, Nick Hobbs, Michaelie Crawford and Cheryl Collier